Not everyone is a fan of cleaning – especially when it comes to cleaning bathrooms. However, it is a chore that we simply cannot avoid. And seeing as how the bathroom is one of the most commonly used areas – at home and in public spaces – regular maintenance is necessary to keep it spick and span, thereby reducing exposure to mould and improving hygiene.
Here are 6 easy ways to keep your bathroom cleaner:
- De-clutter the space – As a general rule of thumb, the less cluttered a bathroom, the less there is to clean. This means that instead of closing off the space with large items such as cabinets and cupboards, aim for a more simple and seamless design like wall mounted vanities. This will make it easier to clean the space without having to worry about those hard to reach spots. And, as an added bonus, it will create the illusion of a larger bathroom.
- Add bathroom extras – Even the smallest things can make a big difference in a bathroom. For instance, adding bathroom extras, such as a handheld shower, facilitates washing down shower screens and floors, thus reducing the accumulation of mildew and mold.
What’s more, pop up wastes used in bath installations offer the benefit of intentionally plugging the hole or letting it sit up to allow water to flow freely. In any case, the entire cartridge comes out for easy cleaning and removal of blockages.
- Focus on the toilet – In the bathroom, a toilet is sure to be used all the time, which is why it is considered a favourable breeding ground for bacteria. For this reason, its frequent cleaning/maintenance is of the utmost importance.
Disinfecting the toilet bowl with a brush and proper cleaning products will help to get rid of hidden germs and bacteria. It is also advisable to get toilet seats that are easily removable or ones that come in very little contact with the pan, such as hardcover and flat toilet seats.
- Incorporate no-touch faucets – Up until a few years ago, no-touch faucets were considered to be features seen only in the public restrooms of crowded shopping centres and airports. Now, they are growing in popularity in homes as well. Incorporating a no-touch faucet in the bathroom is an excellent choice because without touch, it is difficult for germs to penetrate their way through to find a foothold. Plus, they save on water usage with automatic turn off, as well as prevent water damage resulting in floods, slips, and falls.
- Renovate with larger tiles – Grout is perhaps one of the hardest parts of the bathroom to clean. Therefore, it is wise to prevent it from becoming a problem in the first place. From wall tiles to floor tiles, renovating with larger tiles will save you a lot of headaches in the long run. Larger tiles mean fewer gaps and seams, which translates to less grout. This makes it easier to seal and protect the grout from the build-up of mould and staining.
- Get good ventilation – When most people think of cleaning a bathroom, they think of mopping the floor, disinfecting the toilet bowl, wiping mirrors and glass, etc. While these are all important aspects that keep a bathroom from harbouring unwanted pollutants, ventilation should not be overlooked. Ventilation removes the trapped moisture, which provides a number of benefits, including reduced condensation and prevention of mould, mildew, and foul smells – to name a few.
For every bathroom, new and old, there is no need to go overboard and add too much. It is merely necessary to make better use of what needs to be there. With the aforementioned tips, you can keep your bathroom sparkling clean, all the while preserving its pleasant look and hygienic feel.
When in doubt, an experienced bathroom renovation specialist, such as Crystal Bathrooms, can help! We aim to take the stress away from commercial bathroom renovations by providing you with high-quality services at affordable prices. We believe that every bathroom tells a story, so let us tell yours with a unique creation that will ensure your comfort and health.
The Crystal Bathrooms team can help you design a commercial bathroom that is easy to keep clean while still looking amazing. Speak to us today to learn more.